By Sandra Richter
Read Online or Download A History of Poetics PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Kate McLoughlin's Authoring conflict is an bold and pioneering research of struggle writing throughout all literary genres from earliest instances to the current day. interpreting various cultures, she brings huge interpreting and shut rhetorical research to light up how writers have met the problem of representing violence, chaos and loss.
The influential and broadly revered narrative theorist, H. Porter Abbott, breaks new floor in actual Mysteries: Narrative and the Unknowable. In it, he revisits the traditional subject matter of what we can't find out about ourselves and others. yet in a pointy departure, he shifts the point of interest from the illustration of this topic to the methods narrative might be manipulated to immerse “the keen reader” within the genuine adventure of unknowing.
For over part a century, Emyr Humphreys’s paintings as a novelist, brief tale author, poet, dramatist and tv manufacturer has been terribly notable. This pioneering and stimulating e-book considers Humphreys’s fiction from more than a few modern severe views and stresses its relevance to the twenty first century.
This e-book, first released in 1944, presents a entire assessment of the paintings and lifetime of the author and thinker Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy. largely one of the best novelists of all time, this name examines a few of Tolstoy’s such a lot seminal works, together with struggle and Peace and Anna Karenina.
- Race and the Literary Encounter: Black Literature from James Weldon Johnson to Percival Everett (Blacks in the Diaspora)
- Writing the Black Revolutionary Diva: Women's Subjectivity and the Decolonizing Text (Blacks in the Diaspora)
- Secret Gardens: A Study of the Golden Age of Children's Literature
- Rethinking Character in Contemporary British Theatre: Aesthetics, Politics, Subjectivity (Contemporary Drama in English Studies)
- The Hobbit and Tolkien’s Mythology: Essays on Revisions and Influences
- “Emily Dickinson” - The death motif in the poetry of Emily Dickinson
Additional resources for A History of Poetics
A History of Poetics by Sandra Richter